When We Are Closed
PLT Training Dates (Surgery will be closed in the afternoon from 1pm)
To access URGENT medical help please dial 111 for the out of hours service.
Calls to NHS 111 from landlines and mobile phones are free and the service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for people who:
- Need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- Don’t know who to call for medical help or who don’t have a GP
- Think they need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- Need health information or reassurance about what to do next
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Alternative health care specialists who can deal with minor injuries
- Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Gravesend and North Kent Hospital, Bath Street, Gravesend, Kent
- Sevenoaks Minor Injuries Unit is open from 8am - 8pm 365 days a year.
The MIU can treat conditions including:
- cuts and grazes that might need cleaning, stitching or dressing
- animal bites or scratches, insect stings
- strains and sprains
- a suspected broken bone in arm or lower leg
- minor burns and scalds
- minor eye infections and scratches
- foreign body in eye, nose or ear
Who will I see?
An Emergency Nurse Practitioner who is qualified to diagnose and treat these conditions.
- Fracture clinic
- Dressing clinics
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Dental (emergency) 01634 890300
Our out of hour's emergency dental service is know as DentaLine and is for dental emergencies and urgent symptoms during evenings, weekends or bank holidays.
To contact the service you should call on 01634 890300 for an assessment, advice and to arrange an appointment for that evening if necessary. Patients should contact their own dentist for dental emergencies during practice opening hours.
Our call centre is open:
Mon-Sun from 18:00 – 22:55 and Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays from 08:30 – 13:25
If you meet our acceptance criteria an appointment may be offered, but if daytime care is felt to be more appropriate, you will be advised. Treatment provided by DentaLine prevents deterioration in a patient's oral health or will give temporary control of pain. After treatment, patients are still required to return to their own dentist, or join the list of a dental practice, for a new course of treatment to permanently resolve their dental need.
Our service accommodates patients who have the following dental symptoms:-
- haemorrhaging (bleeding from the mouth);
- trauma - Following a recent accident or injury;
- severe facial swelling (affecting the airway or eye);
- sudden onset of acute pain not relieved by over-the counter pain killers.
If you do not live in Medway, please contact your local health provider for details of their NHS dental service. Our neighbouring health providers can be contacted on:
- NHS West Kent - 0800 0 850 850 - covering Maidstone, Snodland, Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Weald of Kent.
- NHS Eastern and Coastal Kent - 0808 238 9797 - covering Swale, Canterbury, East Kent coastal areas, Ashford and Shepway.
For details of other health providers dial 111